To the Shareholders
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual General Meeting (the “Meeting”) of CHINA YUCHAI INTERNATIONAL LIMITED (the “ Company ”) will be held at Hotel Nikko, 72 Mody Road, Tsimshatsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong on Friday, April 17, 2009 at 9.30 a.m. (Hong Kong time) for the following purposes:
As Ordinary Business
1. To receive and adopt the audited financial statements and independent auditors’ report for the financial year ended December 31, 2007.
2. To approve an increase in the limit of the Directors’ fees as set out in Bye-law 10(11) of the Bye-laws of the Company from US$250,000 to US$574,658 for the financial year 2008 (Directors’ fees paid for FY 2007: US$506,850).
3. To re-elect the following Directors retiring pursuant to Bye-law 4(2) of the Bye-laws of the Company to hold office until the next annual general meeting of the Company:
(i) Mr Teo Tong Kooi
(ii) Mr Kwek Leng Peck
(iii) Mr Gan Khai Choon
(iv) Mr Tan Aik-Leang
(v) Mr Neo Poh Kiat
(vi) Mr Matthew Richards
(vii) Mr Yan Ping
(viii) Mr Zhang Shi Yong
4. To authorize the Board of Directors to appoint Directors up to the maximum of 11 or such maximum number as determined from time to time by the shareholders in general meeting to fill any vacancies on the Board.
5. To appoint Messrs Ernst & Young LLP as independent auditors of the Company in place of Messrs KPMG LLP Singapore who will be resigning upon the conclusion of the Meeting, and the Audit Committee be authorised to fix their remuneration.*
6. To transact any other business as may properly come before the Meeting or any adjournment thereof.
By Order of the Board
Teo Tong Kooi
Date: March 13, 2009
Click here for Corporate Annual Report 2007.